COVID-19: Media Release – June 25, 2020
The Municipality of Machin is re-opening all outdoor parks and facilities effective June 25, 2020. Please follow the following rules and recommendations.
Guidance for Outdoor Parks and Facilities
This document adds to existing provincial recommendations, which still must be adhered to including:
• No more than 10 people may be gathered at a time.
• Everyone must maintain physical distancing of 2 meters (6 feet) unless they are from the same household*.
• Practice personal preventive measures: hand hygiene; avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth; and cough or sneeze into bent elbow or tissue.
* Mask use is recommended for use in public when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
You should not go to an Outdoor Facility if you:
• Have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat and/or runny nose). If you have symptoms, call the NWHU to COVID-19 hotline to be referred for testing.
• Have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
• Have been told to self-isolate.
OUTDOOR STRUCTURES ARE NOT SANITIZED. USE AT OWN RISK.
Public should be asked to:
• Wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving the facility. Gloves are not a substitute for washing hands.
• Take hand sanitizer with you. Sanitizer should be at least 70% alcohol. If hands are visibly soiled, hand washing is recommended in place of hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching surfaces.
• Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes and face.
• Keep trips to outdoor facilities and time spent there to a minimum.
Compliance and Enforcement
Non-compliance with these requirements may result in warnings, charges and fines under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act. If you have any questions, or are not able to follow the requirements listed above, contact the Northwestern Health Unit at 1-800-830-5978 to discuss.